Communications Coordinator – Mabou Farmers’ Market Co-op Ltd.
The Board of Directors of the Mabou Farmers’ Market is seeking a talented, tech-savvy
individual for the role of Communications Coordinator. The Communications Coordinator will design and implement a robust communications strategy for the Mabou Farmers’ Market in order to promote the Market and increase attendance and visitor engagement. A particular focus of this position will be on expanding and strengthening the Market’s online presence.
Must be a self-starter and be comfortable working largely unsupervised. Excellent communication skills and proficiency with social media management are essential. The applicant must be able to work online from home and be free to attend the Mabou Farmers’ Market each Sunday during the market season (June 4th to mid October). Applicants with experience at the Market will be preferred but is not essential.
- develop and maintain a strong social media presence for the Market
- update website content (e.g. vendor bios, events calendar, and news)
- manage advertising for the Farmers’ Market (including radio and print ads)
- respond promptly to online queries
- coordinate with the Market Manager and the Board of Directors,
- be present during some of each market day to collect photos, testimonials, market day highlights, etc.
- manage advertising budget
$15 per hour, approximately 6 hours per week, during the market season.
Applications are due on April 29th. Please send a cover letter and resume by email to Michelle Smith at email@example.com. Questions can be sent via email or you can reach Michelle at 902 945 2428.