We are following our government’s Health and Safety regulations to ensure the safety of our customers and vendors. The Mabou Farmers’ Market has an active Covid-19 Prevention Plan and the following rules are actively being followed:
- There is to be no more than 100 customers entering the building at one time. Population limits will be controlled by volunteers at the entrance and exit to the building. If at any time it appears social distancing is not being met, we will reduce our population as necessary.
- There is one entrance (front doors) and one exit (side door) with a one-way traffic flow through the arena.
- There is a Blue “X” on the floor in front of each vendor to allow for appropriate social distancing. Customers must wait on this mark until their orders are placed on the tables, and the vendor has backed up to allow them to retrieve their orders.
- Vendor products are on tables behind vendors so that customers cannot touch items until they are purchased.
- Vendor tables are spaced eight feet apart, and all vendors, employees and volunteers are required to wear a mask during the market.
- Hand Sanitizer is available at the entrance, exit and within the building for customer use. Vendors have been asked to bring their own sanitizer.
- Until the Board and volunteers have a good handle on managing the market in these unusual times, musicians and tables (for eating) have been temporarily suspended.
- No samples are available at the market.
- Public washrooms are available to patrons, with a maximum capacity of 2 people in the washroom at a time.
- There will be hand washing and hand sanitizing signs posted near the sinks in washrooms.
- Washrooms will be checked every half hour to be cleaned and wiped down – doorknobs, toilet handles, stall doors, counters, taps and paper towel dispensers are all to be wiped down.
- Hand soap and paper towels will be kept well stocked in washrooms for patrons, for proper handwashing
At this time, we will not be able to provide music or tables and chairs for customers to gather and visit or eat lunch. We will keep customers updated as changes are made to the market.
Please do not visit our Market if you:
- Have been outside of Nova Scotia in the last 14 days
- You have a fever or cough or are otherwise feeling unwell
- If you have been in contact with someone you know has contracted Covid-19 in the last 14 days
We appreciate our community’s support through these challenging times!