The Mabou Farmers’ Market has an active Covid-19 Prevention Plan and the following rules are actively being followed:
The following rules are being actively followed at the Mabou Farmers’ Market:
- There is to be no more than 900 customers entering the building at one time. Population limits will be controlled by volunteers at the entrance and exit to the building. If at any time it appears social distancing is not being met, we will reduce our population as necessary.
- All customers are required to wear a non-medical face mask to shop, exceptions being:
- Children under 2
- Children between 2-4 who refuse to wear a mask
- Those who cannot wear masks for medical reasons
- Customers are encouraged to wait away from vendors tables until their orders are placed on the tables, and the vendor has backed up to allow them to retrieve their orders.
- Samples are available in a limited way (not advertised, must be eaten in eating area designated area)
- Vendor tables are spaced six feet apart, and all vendors, employees and volunteers are required to wear a mask during the market.
- Hand Sanitizer is available at the entrance, exit and within the building for customer use. Vendors have been asked to bring their own sanitizer.
- Public washrooms are available to patrons, with a maximum capacity of 2 people in the washroom at a time.
- There will be hand washing and hand sanitizing signs posted near the sinks in washrooms.
- Washrooms will be checked on a regular basis be cleaned and wiped down – doorknobs, toilet seats and flusher handles, stall doors, handles and locks, counters, taps, mirrors and paper towel and toilet paper dispensers are all to be wiped down.
- Hand soap and paper towels will be kept well stocked in washrooms for patrons, for proper handwashing.
We are reintroducing music back to our market while following the public health directive:
- Solo musicians are preferable however two musicians are acceptable if they can maintain 6’ distance.
- No singing at this time.
- Masks must be worn by musicians while performing.
- Low volume of music while performing is mandatory.
Please do not visit our Market if you:
- Have recently entered from outside Atlantic Canada who are not fully vaccinated at least 14 days before arriving and are needing to self isolate
- You have a fever or cough or are otherwise feeling unwell
- If you have been in contact with someone you know has contracted Covid-19 in the last 14 days
We appreciate our community’s support through these challenging times!