APPLY TO PLAY AT THE MARKET
The live music at the Market is always a highlight for vendors and visitors. Are you a musician interested in performing on Market days? Contact us today
2022 Market Music & Events
- June 5 – Music from Dara Smith-MacDonald and Adam Young. “Seedling Sunday” come shop for Seedlings from our vendors & learn about Garden Planning from Kailea Pedley of Patchwood Farm.
- June 12 – Music from Pius MacIsaac. “How to Care for Your Perennials” with Ruth Lapp of Grandmother Birch Forest Garden Designs, 12:30 at the Wellness Booth.
- June 19 – Music from Mi’kmaq fiddler & singer, Morgan Toney. Join Eva Apukjij for Mi’kmaq Art and Storytelling. The event will take place outdoors near the picnic tables where she will share Fairy Tales, 11:30 – 12:30. Rain Date – June 26th.
- June 26 – Music from Andrea Beaton. Learn Step Dancing with Melody Cameron of the Mabou School of Cape Breton Step Dance, 1-2pm. The Session will begin with some simple steps and then walk through a square set.
- July 3 – Music from Brad Reid on Fiddle and Adam Young on Piano.
- July 10 – Music from The LeBlanc Family. Join Ann Marie Powers for morning Yoga before you shop the market. Join us for a simple Traditional Indian Yoga & meditation practice from 9-10:30am to help restore natural balance, focus and inner peace. Please bring a yoga mat, water & a blanket for savasana if possible & wear comfy clothes that allow freedom of movement. This simple & gentle all-levels practice will focus on connection to the breath as we move through asanas, closing with a 10-minute mediation. As part of our “Wellness at the Market” events, this class is free, but a small donation for the We’koqma’q First nation Foodbank is welcome.
- July 17 – Music from Mike MacInnis. Exploring your Health and Well-Being through the Spine. Join Michelle Greenwell, at our Wellness Booth, as she shares a very special look at the spine & movement for energy & vitality.
- July 24 – Music from John Alan Aucoin. Next Ride Nova Scotia will be in the lower parking lot! Prebook your test drive on their website.
- July 31 – 15th Anniversary Celebration! – Music from Brad Reid and Eric Marcotte. Face painting for the Kids! Come learn about being outdoors safely & responsibly from our friends at Parks Canada. Enter to win a gift bag full of goodies from the Market!
- August 7 – Music from Ashley MacDonnell & Neil Campbell
- August 14 – Music from Andrea Beaton.
- August 21- Music from Shiretown. Join Monashee Alonso, from El Serrano Farm, and make a summer flower arrangement. Registration is on a first come, first served basis. The workshop will take place at the Wellness Booth, from 12 – 12:45pm. Flowers and vases will be provided.
There is no cost to attend the workshop, as it has been funded by the Strait Richmond Community Health Board and Central Inverness Community Health Board. Register here.
- August 28 – Music from Mary Beth Carty.
- September 4 – Music from Alicia Penney. Join an outdoor Tai Chi class, with Michelle Greenwell from 9:30 – 10:30. Learn more about the power of movement to remove aches & complaints, to add flexibility & strength, & to calm the mind & spirit. With opportunities for both a seated form & standing form, this introduction will provide you with a personalized approach to your well-being. Michelle Greenwell has been leading Tai Chi & movement classes for health & wellness for over 4 decades & has the experience to support your ease of learning to move well, gain posture & vitality, & to have fun in the process of the class community. https://linktr.ee/dancedebut for more info. Tai Chi is currently offered in Creignish hall Wed nights at 6:30 & at the ICCA in Inverness Mon mornings at 9. Beginners are welcome.
- September 11 – Music from Mike MacInnis. Learn to Knit with Cate Thompson of Bellemeade Farm.
- September 18 – Music from Kenny Petitpas – “5 Unusual Vegetables & How to Cook with Them” with Indigo Christ of Mull River Farm.
- September 25 – Music from Dara Smith-MacDonald. Fall Harvest Celebration